"Slaves to Fashion" is a season 2 episode of Darkwing Duck.
Under Binkie Muddlefoot's advice, Drake decides Gosalyn should act more like a "lady". Meanwhile, Tuskerninni has developed a spray that makes people act the way they are dressed and targets the rich citizens attending the school masquerade party.
Herb: Nice Darkwing costume, Drakey, but the real Darkwing Duck is much taller.
- "I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the meter on the cab of justice! I... am Darkwing Duck!"
- - Darkwing Duck.
- Herb's remark of having seen Darkwing once in person and considering him a friend would refer to the events of "You Sweat Your Life", although it also occurred in "The Merchant of Menace".
- This episode marks the first appearance of the hypnogas.
- It isn't unusual for the cartoon to be inconsistent in the layout of the furniture of the Mallard residence, but the building itself is usually the same between episodes. Here, Binkie leads a dressed-up Gosalyn through a door from a chamber that does not exist in any other episode.
- Herb has indeed met and positively interacted with Darkwing prior, but that wasn't once but twice, namely in "You Sweat Your Life" and "The Merchant of Menace". Because "The Merchant of Menace" belongs to the same batch as "Slaves to Fashion" and is only two episodes apart in terms of production number, it is possible the script of the latter was finalized prior to "The Merchant of Menace" or that communication between the writers wasn't sufficient to realize "The Merchant of Menace" would add a second team-up of Herb and Darkwing to the story.
- Presumed cut material: The conflict between Gosalyn and Tank is cut short. It ends with Tank, who is not in costume, mocking Gosalyn for her ladylike dress. One scene during the party itself, Tank is in costume: a woman's "Hawaiian" outfit. This suggests a comeuppance moment for Tank after mocking Gosalyn is missing.